Multipurpose Prevention Technologies (MPTs) are an innovative class of products that deliver varied combinations of HIV prevention, other STI prevention, and contraception and will improve the lives of women and families worldwide.
This database includes MPT products that are currently funded and in active development. The database outlines detailed product information and can be searched to display products by desired criteria as selected from the drop-down boxes or by entering a keyword in the search box. Click on the product name to access detailed information on each product. Please note there are other MPT candidates not listed that may move forward pending funding.
Click on the image to download graphics of MPT products in the development pipeline:
Click on the product name for more details.
- Combined Oral Contraceptive (COC)
- Emtricitabine (FTC)
- Ethinyl Estradiol (EE)
- Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF)
- Population Council
Resources on single indication products
- Calliope, the Contraceptive Pipeline Database, includes information about more than 170 contraceptive leads and products, including male and female targets and hormonal and non-hormonal methods. Visit the Calliope database at pipeline.ctiexchange.org.
- The Contraceptive Technology Innovation (CTI) Exchange is a platform for increasing global access to resources on contraceptive research, development, registration, and introduction through collaboration and knowledge sharing. Visit the CTI Exchange at www.ctiexchange.org.
- The HIV Prevention Research & Development Database (PxRD) is a comprehensive resource on biomedical HIV prevention clinical trials that are planned, ongoing or completed. Visit the PxRD database at www.avac.org/pxrd.